New more compact pocket-sized SteriPen® Traveler uses ultra-violet light to purify your water in seconds. UV light has been used for over 50 years to eliminate dangerous bacteria, viruses and protozoa without chemicals or boiling (it destroys the DNA of micro-organisms, making them unable to reproduce and cause illness). Small enough to carry in your pocket and less than one-third the weight of other hand-held filters, SteriPen purifies water with the push of a button and has a convenient, automatic timer. Perfect for restaurants, hotel rooms or on the road, just stir gently for less than a minute and a 16 oz glass of water will be disinfected and ready to drink. (Not for dirty, discolored water.) (7 x 1¾ x 1¼")Weighs less than 4 oz and comes with two CR123 non-rechargeable batteries and a protective nylon padded carrying case.
You can have your order wrapped in a reusable dark gray gift bag, tied with a ribbon. $6.00 each gift bag. Select the "Gift Bag" option during checkout.
- More Info
The SteriPen Traveler is the perfect tool to take on business trips and vacations for safe drinking water anywhere. SteriPen uses ultraviolet light to destroy the DNA of microorganisms making them unable to reproduce and cause illness.
- Handheld UV light water purifier
- FAST - purifies 16 oz of water in 48 seconds or 32 oz (1 liter) in 90 seconds
- EASY and LIGHT - push button (no pumping or chemicals) and weighs only 4 oz with batteries
- EFFECTIVE - proven to eliminate 99.99% of bacteria, viruses, and protozoa (such as Giardia)
- Safe drinking water everywhere - you can travel with confidence
- Convenient - small enough to fit in purse, briefcase or even pocket
- Maintenance free - UV lamp last for 5000 uses (1250 gallons)
- Patented UV technology - proven at independent labs to eliminate microorganisms
- Meets US EPA standards
- Uses two CR123 batteries (included)
- SteriPen Traveler destroys a wide range of disease causing germs, including:
- Travel risks that cause Diarrhea, Dysentery, Hepatitis, Legionnaires' Disease
- Microbes such as viruses, bacteria, Giardia, Crytosporidium
- Household germs such as Bird Flu & Influenzas, E. coli and Salmonella, Staph and Strep
- Bio-terror weapons such as Botulism, Cholera, Smallpox, and Typhoid
- Case interior is molded of soft foam for safe travel, and includes a compartment for extra batteries
- Snap-lock closure
- Users Guide included
Size: 7 x 1¾ x 1¼ in case
Weight: 5 oz
Materials: Plastic, quartz, UV lamp, electronic components
Product ManualView Product Manual
- Customer Reviews
Average Customer Rating:Showing 1 of 1 reviews.
By Paul P., Wilmington, DE in February, 2009
Glad I had it, but limited opportunity to use
I used this a few times to sterilize water for rinsing toothbrushes and the like. Most hotels where we were (Argentina, Chile) advertised that water was safe, but heavily treated, so bottled water was provided because of taste.