The no-bite bandana. You can protect most of your body from bug bites with insect repellent clothing, but what about your neck? ExOfficio® has you covered with this paisley bandana treated with Insect Shield® technology, proven to reduce bites from potentially disease-carrying insects by 97%. And you'll have no worries about sunburn, either, because it also has 30+ UPF sun protection. Made of 100% cotton, it measures 22 x 22".
You can have your order wrapped in a reusable dark gray gift bag, tied with a ribbon. $6.00 each gift bag. Select the "Gift Bag" option during checkout.
- More Info
Care InstructionsMachine wash cold with like colors
Do not bleach
Tumble dry low
Iron on low setting
Do not dry clean
ExOfficio's BugsAway® Bandana is Insect Shield repellent apparel that binds Permethrin to the fabric fibers for protection against biting insects. Permethrin is a man-made version of a natural repellent found in certain chrysanthemum plants, and this garment is recommended by the CDC, WHO, and the American Academy of Family Physicians. With a 30+ UPF rating, it also protects you from the sun.
- Odorless Insect Shield for protection against ants, ticks, mosquitoes, and other biting insects
- Insect Shield stays put on the fabric, is sunburn protective, and EPA registered
- Lasts for 70 washings
- Insect Shield binds Permethrin tightly to fabric fibers resulting in effective, odorless insect protection
- Permethrin is a man-made version of a natural insect repellent found in certain chrysanthemum plants
- Permethrin treated apparel is recommended by the US Center for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and the American Academy of Family Physicians
- UPF 30+ rating - guards you from the sun and uncomfortable sunburns
- Attractive paisley pattern bandana
- Wear it around you neck or to hold back your hair
- Easy care
- Lightweight and packable
Product Typetravel insect repellent neckerchief bandana
- Customer Reviews
Average Customer Rating:Showing 3 of 3 reviews.
By Marcia M., Salem, OR in June, 2012
I got this for hiking locally and traveling in tropical climates. I gave it three stars just on cuteness alone! I tried it out on a hike in a wetlands wildlife preserve with tons of bugs, and it seemed to work. I wish it was larger and not such a stiff fabric though. It does need to be ironed after washing and drying, because the fabric is a little heavy and stiff.
By Marie C., Bethel Park, PA in June, 2012
Some bugs away....
Doing field work, I found that these bandanas worked to keep insects from crawling down my neck, a very good thing. However, I still needed a hat for my head and insect repellent spray on long pants from the knees down, including my hiking shoes. Overall, I recommend the bandanas as part of a "bite-free" strategy if you travel into biting/stinging insect territory in your travels.
By Anna R., Oak Ridge, TN in June, 2011
I ordered these items because my family is planning a vacation in a National Park. I want everyone to be "bug free" so they can enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
Other Travelers Also Chose...