Ever been to the Beijing Museum of Tap Water, the Testicle Festival in Montana, or Garbage City in Egypt? This hilarious book outlines the best worst travel destinations in the world, bringing you lively tales of the most ill-conceived museums, bad theme parks, and stupid historical sites you'll ever have the pleasure of not visiting. Irreverent and compulsively readable, it even includes some well-known places that might surprise you. Softcover, 249 pages. (8 x 5¼"; 7 oz)
Warning: Contains Mild Adult Content
From the Grover Cleveland Service Area to the Beijing Museum of Tap Water to Euro Disney, 101 Places Not to See Before you Die brings you lively tales of the most ill-conceived museums, worst theme parks, and grossest Superfund sites that you'll ever have the pleasure of not visiting.
Size: 8 x 5-1/4 x 1/2"
- Irreverent and compulsively readable guide to the world's worst destinations by author Catherine Price
- Reminds you that bad places make good stories
- Author writes about "over-hyped tourist sites, boring museums, stupid historical attractions, and the circumstances that can makeeven worthwhile destinations miserable"
- Some samples include:
- A North Korean gulag
- Sohra, India during the rainy season
- The inside of a Chinese coal mine
- Garbage City
- Rush Hour on a Samoan Bus
- Ibiza on a Family Vacation
- The Road of Death
- Includes guest entries from writers such as Nick Kristof , A.J. Jacobs, Mary Roach, Michael Pollan, and Rebecca Solnit
- 249 pages
Weight: 7 oz
Made In: USA
Materials: Paper, glue