For the traveler who has seen everything (almost). Ever been to the Beijing Museum of Tap Water, the Testicle Festival in Montana, or Garbage City in Egypt? This hilarious book outlines the best worst travel destinations in the world, bringing you lively tales of the most ill-conceived museums, bad theme parks, and stupid historical sites you'll ever have the pleasure of not visiting. Irreverent and compulsively readable, it even includes some well-known places that might surprise you. Softcover, 249 pages. (8 x 5¼"; 7 oz)
Warning: Contains Mild Adult Content
You can have your order wrapped in a reusable dark gray gift bag, tied with a ribbon. $6.00 each gift bag. Select the "Gift Bag" option during checkout.
- More Info
From the Grover Cleveland Service Area to the Beijing Museum of Tap Water to Euro Disney, 101 Places Not to See Before you Die brings you lively tales of the most ill-conceived museums, worst theme parks, and grossest Superfund sites that you'll ever have the pleasure of not visiting.
- Irreverent and compulsively readable guide to the world's worst destinations by author Catherine Price
- Reminds you that bad places make good stories
- Author writes about "over-hyped tourist sites, boring museums, stupid historical attractions, and the circumstances that can makeeven worthwhile destinations miserable"
- Some samples include:
- A North Korean gulag
- Sohra, India during the rainy season
- The inside of a Chinese coal mine
- Garbage City
- Rush Hour on a Samoan Bus
- Ibiza on a Family Vacation
- The Road of Death
- Includes guest entries from writers such as Nick Kristof , A.J. Jacobs, Mary Roach, Michael Pollan, and Rebecca Solnit
- 249 pages
Weight: 7 oz
Made In: USA
Materials: Paper, glue
- Customer Reviews
Average Customer Rating:Showing 4 of 4 reviews.
By P. Alyson N., Carol Stream, IL in January, 2012
I bought "101 Places NOT To See Before You Die", along with "1000 Places To See Before You Die" for a friend who loves to take motorcycle adventures. He has been "all over" the world. He and his girlfriend are avidly reading both. They found they have already been to some of the places NOT to see and are negotiating which place TO see next.
By Florence A., Rockville, MD in June, 2011
101 Places Not to See BEfore You Die
This is a very interesting little book. Nice to read at bedtime, as each story (place) is only a couple of pages.
By James K., Wausau, WI in June, 2011
A Light-hearted Read
We all know someone with a sense of reality that is "just a little off." If you need to buy that person a gift, consider this book.
By Sherry S., Studio City, CA in January, 2011
My family enjoyed looking through this book and sharing their favorites aloud.
Other Travelers Also Chose...