A travel lover's list of the very best places to visit in the U.S. and Canada. From beautiful Napa Valley, California to Glacier Bay, Alaska, from breathtaking Lake Louise, Alberta to the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia, this comprehensive volume by veteran travel writer Patricia Schultz puts the United States' and Canada's most spectacular, offbeat and unforgettable sights at your fingertips. Organized into nine U.S. geographic regions, as well as Eastern and Western Canada, it explains why each destination is worthy of inclusion, and includes a list of site-specific addresses, web sites, price ranges, phone and fax numbers, and the best times to visit. There are even indexes for special areas of interest, such as Active and Adventure Travel, Culinary Experiences, Glorious Nature, Great Golf, Family Travel, and much more. Softcover, 1183 pgs. (7½ x 5¼" ; 33 oz)
You can have your order wrapped in a reusable dark gray gift bag, tied with a ribbon. $6.00 each gift bag. Select the "Gift Bag" option during checkout.
- More Info
1,000 Places to See in the United States and Canada BeforeYou Die is guaranteed to delight you with the variety of sites you can andshould visit right here in North America - your own backyard. Each entry temptsyou to seek out experiences that will broaden your horizons. The United Statesis divided into nine regions with specific information on phone numbers, webaddresses, available tours, where to stay, cost, hotels,trips/packages/excursions, restaurants and more. Canada is loosely divided into2 sections.
- Your guide to 1,000 spectacular, compelling, essential, offbeat, andutterly unforgettable places in the United States and Canada
- Includes pristine beaches, national parks, world-class museums, the CornPalace, mountain resorts, salmon-rich rivers, scenic byways, Chez Panisse, lushgardens, the Holden Arboretum, mountain biking on the Maah Daah Hey trial,historic mansions, vineyards, hot springs, the Talledega Superspeedway, classicballparks and more
- 150 places of special interest to families
- The United States is divided into 9 regions: New England, Mid-Atlantic,The Southeast, Mississippi Valley, The Midwest, Great Plains, Four Corners and the Southwest, West Coast, Alaska and Hawaii
- Canada is loosely divided in half: Eastern Canada and Western Canada
- Each listing provides a wealth of practical information:
- Where - phone numbers, web addresses, contact information for the local tourist office
- Where to stay - hotels, inns, and B&Bs
- Cost - gives you a working indication of expense of hotels, restaurants, theater & events tickets, and package trips
- Trips/Package/Excursions - organized trip costs
- Restaurants - meal prices per person
- When - which days and/or seasons each entry is open
- Best Times - best time to visit taking into account weather, festivals, sports and leisure opportunities, etc.
- A Special Indexes section at the back of the book: Active Travel andAdventure, Culinary Experiences, First-Rate Hotels, Resorts, and Spas, For theCulturally Minded, Glorious Nature, Great Golf, Lovely Beaches and GetawayIslands, Scenic Drives, Train Trips, and Cruises, Sports Fans, Take Note, Takethe Kids, Windows on the Past
- 1183 pages
Weight: 2 lb 1 oz
Made In: USA
- Customer Reviews
Other Travelers Also Chose...